Youth/ Junior Development Seasonal and Year Round Programs
The CMBC Youth/Junior Development Program will educate and train athletes on how to become successful Nordic & Biathlon athletes and competitors. The program will provide athletes 7 to 20 years of age the opportunity to train and compete in age appropriate, individualized programs led by highly qualified, professional coaches. The CMBC program specifically focuses are on technique development, strength, systematic endurance training, marksmanship for biathletes and fun! Athletes will learn the importance of sport specific training, skill development, strength, endurance, agility, precision, accuracy and speed. This will be accomplished through seasonal programs and focus with a group of highly motivated athletes and coaches, individualized training plans and race support. These components will be combined with the camaraderie and teamwork required to foster the positive working environment necessary for success. The club uses infrared electronic rifles to safely introduce biathlon shooting and rifle safety to new athletes. New this season, CMBC is adding swimming as a highly effective cross training element to our training plan!
Just in the last season our youth athletes have seen biathlon success as US Biathlon National Champions, US Biathlon Youth World Team members and US Biathlon Youth/Junior Development team members. CMBC athletes have also experienced cross country ski success as the top U20 male, top U18 female and top 1 and 2 U14 females in the High Plains USSA Division. CMBC is a 501 c 3 non-profit organization and is a registered club of both US Biathlon and United States Ski and Snowboard Association.
The year round plan can be broken up into season programs and camps – see registration
Year Round Program Includes:
- Year round individual training plan and monitoring (May 1, 2017 – April 30, 2018)
- 3 -5 x per week Nordic & Biathlon Summer training (June 12 through August 24)
- Open Range time (see schedule)
- Fall Dryland Training
- Travel Camps: Montana Summer Camp, West Yellowstone Ski Festival Camp (cost of travel not included)
- Holiday Break Biathlon Camp, Casper. (USBA Youth Camp is Not included)
- 3 to 6x per week Nordic & Biathlon Training on the new Range! (December through March)
- Full winter race schedule: Biathlon, USSA and High Plains Qualifiers
- Goal setting and Race schedule
- CMBC annual membership
- High Vis Training T-shirt
Expectations for Athletes in Year Round Program
- Have current membership of USBA and USSA (USBA is required for all athletes, USSA in only required for those racing cross country ski)
- Turn in a weekly training log on Sunday; keeping total of year’s training turned in at end of year with written summary of year’s training (U13 and up)
- Have Dedication to year round training
- Give 100% effort in training sessions and be self-motivated to follow a training plan outside of group sessions
- Be Committed to excellence on and off the trail
- Have Excellent communication with coaches about attendance and anything that could impact your training and performance
- Own skate and classic roller skis, bike helmet, safety/ reflective vest, road and mountain bike, heart rate monitor, water bottle carrier, skate and classic skis and rifle (talk to us if you do not own these, loaner equipment can be made available)
- Be active in the CMBC community, volunteer & participate at club activities, assist with fundraising, thank donors, spread the word…
- Purchase CMBC race suit & jacket
Summer program Weekly schedule (June 12 – August 24 2017)
|Age Groups||U 12 ( 9.45-11.00 AM)
(3 – 4 PM)
|U13-U20 ( 8.00-9.30 AM)
6:00 – 7:30 PM
|Monday||AM Games & Rollerskiing (Three Crowns)
PM Swimming (YMCA)
|AM Rollerskiing (Three Crowns)
PM Swimming (YMCA)
|Rollerskiing (Three Crowns)|
|Tuesday||AM Ski walking, Games Plyometrics (Nordic Lodge)||AM Plyometrics, Strength (Nordic Lodge).|
|Wednesday||AM Shooting. Run. (CMBC Venue)||AM Shooting. (CMBC Venue)||Run, Bound, Strength (Nordic Lodge)|
|Thursday||Run with bounding (Nordic Lodge)|
|Sunday||Open Range 3-5 pm, CMBC Venue, Run, walk with poles, shooting|
Seasonal Programs and Camps. Everything listed below is included in the “year round program” or you can register for each module individually.
- Summer Program (U8 – U12)
- Summer Program (U13 – U20)
- Summer Program Nordic Only Option (No Shooting Days) (U14 –U20)
- Summer Program Swim Cross Training Add On (all ages) (summer program does not include the swim days, athletes must register both summer program and swim add on if they wish to participate in the swim cross training.
- Fall Dryland Training
- Winter Program (December – March)
- Big Sky Camp/State Games (July 7 – 9)
- West Yellowstone Camp (Thanksgiving week)
- Casper Holiday Camp (Christmas break)
US Biathlon Rocky Mountain Region Youth/Junior Development Camp | June 27 - July 2
Casper Mountain Biathlon Club offers top notch training with coaches who have competed and coached at the Olympic & Paralympic level. We offer year round programs from the introductory to the elite level.
- Year Round Training
- Adult & Masters Clinics
- Youth Clinics & Camps
- Adaptive Biathlon
- Programs specifically for Veterans with Disability
- Equipment Rental
- Individual Training Plans
- Custom Events
- School Programs
- Introductory Programs
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the latest training and competition opportunities.
Coaching is directed by Head Coach, Rob Rosser. Rob also serves as a coach for the U.S. Paralympic Nordic and Biathlon team. Rob was an Olympian in the 1998 games in Nagano, 3 time North American Biathlon Champion, 5 time U.S. National Champion, former U.S. Army World Class Athlete (WCAP) team and National Guard Biathlon. Captain Rosser spent 21 yrs in the Army National Guard and is an Operation Iraqi Freedom veteran.
Biathlon coaching is also provided by Harry Brubaker,a former Wyoming National Guard Biathlon Team member. Harry Brubaker retired from the Wyoming National Guard as a Lieutenant Colonel and later from the Army Reserves as a Colonel. He skied on the Wyoming National Guard Biathlon Team from 1978 through 1996, competing at the National Guard Bureau Championships each year, which involved National Guard teams from twenty-two states. Harry has served as a Natrona County School District cross-country ski coach for sixteen years. Harry has also served as a biathlon coach at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Quality Assistant Coaches will also be utilized at Nordic and Biathlon Training sessions.
School Groups - Biathlon PE
Biathlon PE field trips can be scheduled seven days a week during school hours or after school. Students will receive instruction and guided practice in cross country skiing and biathlon marksmanship. The club uses electronic infrared rifles to safely introduce the sport to beginners. Cross country ski equipment and trail passes are provided. We welcome students of all abilities; adaptive equipment is available for students with disabilities or special needs. Biathlon PE Event Request Form School Program Flyer